Nicky S. Rooz
Nicky S. Rooz
Nicky S. Rooz concentrates her practice in high-net-worth matrimonial and family law matters, including divorce, property distribution, child custody, spousal and child support, and matrimonial agreements including, but not limited to, pre-nuptial agreements, post-nuptial agreements, and comprehensive settlement agreements. Nicky has represented clients in complex financial matters and custody trials in the New York State Supreme Court and Family Court.
Prior to entering private practice, Nicky completed a clerkship for the Honorable Saralee Evans, Supreme Court, New York County. Nicky thereafter worked as an associate in the Matrimonial & Family Law group at Blank Rome for nearly a decade.
In addition to working with high-net-worth clients, Nicky devotes considerable time to pro bono matrimonial, family law, and immigration matters. Most recently, Nicky has started working on special immigrant juvenile status cases, which include a Family Court aspect. Nicky is also in the process of becoming certified to serve on the Panel of Attorneys for Children (New York County).
While in law school, Nicky was an associate editor for the Journal of Animal Law and Ethics. She also served as an executive board member and associate blog editor for the Penn Intellectual Property Group, as well as an executive board member and intake coordinator for the Employment Advocacy Project. Additionally, she worked in the Entrepreneurship Legal Clinic.
Nicky has authored three articles: “Fashion Forward and Backward Laws: Creating the Proper Balance of Legal Protections in the Fashion Industry,” “Examining the Constitutionality of New York’s Fault-Based Divorce Law,” and “Shifting Paternity Rights in the Face of Rapidly Evolving Assisted Reproductive Technologies.”
Blank Rome, LLP
Rottenstreich & Ettinger, LLP
Supreme Court of the State of New York, New York County (law clerk)
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- New York Women’s Bar Association
- Nicky is currently a co-chair of the Advancing Women In The Law Committee of the New York Women’s Bar Association
- Nicky is a member and former co-chair of the Women’s Health and Reproductive Rights Committee of the New York Women’s Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
Awards & Recognitions
- 2021–2023, Ones to Watch, Family Law, listed in Best Lawyers in America©
- 2020, Certificate of Recognition, presented by the New York Unified Court System Office for Justice Initiatives
Education & Admissions
- Cornell University, BS
- University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business, Certificate in Business & Public Policy
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD
- New York State Bar